Procedures & Routines
We have been informed about the new rules and routines for the next school year.
Only visitors who meet the RVT conditions (RVT condition stands for Recovered, Vaccinated, Tested) can enter the school building. A school employee must accompany them. If you have any issues, please contact our office or receptionist.
Beginning of the school day
Only healthy students can come to school.
• All students start their lessons as usual.
• KG students will enter the school from Rodičeva ulica street from 8:00/8:10 on.
• PYP students should enter the school premises through the garden gate (little park to the left on the path to the main entrance) from 8:10 – 8:15. Students should wait in their groups, respecting the safety distance from other groups/classes, for their teachers to take them to their classes.
• MYP students should enter the school premises through the court by the dome at 8:10, respecting the safety distance from other groups/classes.
Exception: If students have extra lessons/activities before lesson 1, they come according to the teacher’s instructions. Generally, extra lessons will start in the second week of September and extracurricular activities in October.
Please do not be late, as there will be special protocol to enter the school. However, if your child is late, call this number +386 (0)1 563 68 34, and a teacher will come and take your child to their classroom.
Lessons will be organised according to our regular timetables for all grades, you can find them on our webpage: http://en.os-danilekumar.si/students/.
Extracurricular activities and extra programmes will be offered but with certain limitations.
There will be sanitisers in all classrooms, and other rooms in the school and all surfaces will be regularly disinfected.
If possible, we will organise lessons outside. However, most collapsed days will be organised in the school or its surroundings.
If your PYP child/ren is/are not in the Afternoon Programme, you must pick them up from the main entrance waiting area immediately after their last lesson or lunch.
The kindergarten programme is available until 16:00 and the Afternoon Programme until 16:10. Parents will be able to page their children from the main entrance waiting area.
We will provide the materials only for the students in isolation (official certificate required), and we expect them to complete their work and send it to their teachers.
In case of any questions regarding the lessons, please contact the subject teacher or the homeroom teacher.
Head of School
DKIS instruction in short
• Upon arrival, wait in the designated area, respecting the safety distance between groups until your teacher takes you to the classroom.
• Do not be late or too early. Instead, come when it is your group’s turn.
• Always adhere to the safety distance from other groups of students, at least 1.5 metres.
• Students must stay in the classroom during short breaks; You are only allowed outside of the classroom during organised and supervised main breaks.
• Students should wash their hands when entering the classroom and other rooms.
• Keep all windows and doors open if possible.
• Walk on the marked side of corridors taking into account the safety distance from other groups.
• Students are not permitted to go anywhere without supervision and/or permission.
• Students can go to the toilet only individually, and they have to return to their classroom swiftly.
• All desks should be disinfected before and after snack.
• Students and teachers should follow all instructions, safety measures and procedures in the dining room during lunchtime.
• Face masks are not obligatory for the KG and PYP students but are recommended for protection. Exception; school’s corridors and using public transportation.
• Face masks are obligatory for the MYP students. Exception; PHE.
• Face masks are obligatory for the teachers. Exception; kindergarten teachers.
• Paper towels and tissues should be disposed into the bins immediately.
• In case of any symptoms of infection, students will be sent to a special isolation room where they will wait for their parents. They will not be able to return without a current/updated medical certificate.