On these pages you will find links to documentation and admission information for parents of students at Danila Kumar International School for the 2023/24 school year.
Follow links to:
You can download curriculum content for PYP and MYP programmes from their respective menu links. Documents are generally stored in MS Word or Adobe pdf format.
Students and parents should not hesitate to contact the teachers in order to discuss progress and achievements. Students should always feel free to ask for a meeting time with any of the teachers and should arrange for these interviews directly with the teacher. Parents can meet with the teachers at monthly parent-teacher conferences, which are held from 4:00 – 5:30 p.m. The following dates are for the 2022/23 school year.
|September 13 – 14||Joint grade meetings for parents|
|October 12||Individual Interviews|
|November 23||Curriculum Night|
|December 14||Individual interviews|
|January 18||1st Portfolio Night|
|February 15||Individual interviews|
|March 14||Individual interviews|
|April 17||Joint grade meetings for parents|
|April 18||2nd Portfolio Night|
Parents can also meet with the teachers at a specific weekly conference hour, according to the list provided in September. Parents are also welcome to make special arrangements with teachers to meet at other times.
READING BADGE FOR PARENTS*
- Macfarlane, R.: Mountains of the Mind (The book, to some extent, explains to the rest of us – why people climb the highest mountains, the psychology behind it. However, it gets boring in the parts where the book references earlier literature, especially poems.)
- Feynman, R.: Surely you`re Joking Mr. Feynman! (I loved the book, the author is unusual and interesting. The negative – not even the world`s greatest scientists are immune to chauvinism.)
- Bono: Surrender: 40 Songs, One Story (I had my suspicions about Bono prior to reading this autobiography – he is extremely self-centered and to a degree pathetic, even the way in which he writes and the words and the phrases that he chooses are annoying. However, there is no denying it – he is an unbelievably talented poet.)
- Graysmith, R.: Zodiac
- Huntington, S. P.: The Clash of Civilizations
- Menzies, G.: 1421: The Year China Discovered the World
- Mate, G. and Neufeld, G.: Hold On to Your Kids: Why Parents Need to Matter More Than Peers
- Gospodinov, G.: Time Shelter
- Towles, A.: A Gentleman in Moscow
- Brontë, C.: The Professor
All books have received The Newbery Medal (https://alsc-awards-shelf.org/)
*The books above were suggested by parents, and, where commented on, represent their views. If you would like to take part in the reading badge, please fill out the form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Suggestions and descriptions are welcome.
Supporting the school
We are grateful for the support and sponsorship offered by our parents and friends of the school. On this page we provide some information about ways to support the school.
Some of our sponsors
The Moro Foundation established itself to support children and students enrolled in international schools in Slovenia. It supports Danila Kumar International School through financing special projects, funding teacher and student exchanges and other fundraising activities.
Making Tax Deductible Contributions
Under new rules issued by the Ministry of Finance, you can now make tax deductible gifts to Danila Kumar. Ask at the school office for further details.