You have probably already heard that all schools will be closed from Monday on for 14 days in Slovenia.
I recommend that you keep your children home tomorrow, too, although our staff will be in the school.
We have already started organising possibilities for online learning, so we hope we will be able to continue with our school year even if our facilities are closed.
Today we are organising many activities outside. Students are fine and in good spirits.
Please make sure that they spend a lot of time outside, sleep enough and have healthy nutrition in the coming weeks. Avoid crowds, shopping centres and restaurants/bars.
Keep safe and healthy!
I would like to inform you about new measures to prevent the spreading of coronavirus:
1. Students will be able to enter our school only through the main entrance.
2. Only Kindergarten parents will be able to take students to their classroom. Grade 1 students will be taken to their classroom by our teachers on duty.
3. We suggest that parents wait for their children outside and not in the closed waiting area.
4. All individual interviews are cancelled. We ask parents to contact teachers by e-mail.
5. We recommend that children do not socialise in their spare time.
6. Please do not send children with any signs of infection to school. If we notice any suspicious signs of illness we will send students home immediately.
7. We will not accept any visitors until the situation with coronavirus improves.
we would like to keep our students safe so we will introduce some measures until the situation with coronavirus improves:
1. postpone all collapsed days which include travelling in Slovenia and abroad, travelling by public transportation in Ljubljana, and large group activities and events.
2. postpone all large events for students and parents in our school.
We will try to minimise disruption to teaching and learning and protect students and staff through everyday practices (e.g., encouraging hand hygiene, cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, reduce close contact among students, avoid activities for larger groups, clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects in the classrooms and common spaces in school, air classrooms, organise activities outside and promote a healthy lifestyle).
We will organise the March meetings for parents online. The homeroom teachers or homeroom substitute teachers will send you the information they want to share with you and you can ask questions or give suggestions via e-mail. All the e-mail addresses of our teachers are on our website (http://en.os-danilekumar.si/contacts/). The MYP students will get their projected grades on Monday, 16 March as planned.
Thank you for your cooperation and support.
The latest Newsletter, in the Russian language, is available to view or download here.