On Monday we started the second week of programmes in school for certain grades and some individual pupils in need of extra help.
The parents of pupils who are learning in school received detailed instructions and information about the procedures, by email, before their children returned to school.
Our staff have been putting great effort and time into ensuring safe routines and conditions. We have additional teachers and staff on duty along with administrative personel helping with the organisation and supervision of pupils during arrival, departure, snack and lunch time, during which special safety procedures and rules are in place.
I received a message with some concerns about the safety measures for meals and a lack of sanitisers in school. Our pupils and staff must wash their hands with special soap containing sanitiser, we have additional sanitisers for hands and surfaces in classrooms and around the school. Our staff and pupils must follow the protocols for snack and lunch and we have been supervising all meals.
Below, are the rules for pupils which the parents received before their children returned to school (our staff have an additional set of rules and routines we must follow – snack, lunck, arrival, departure procedures).
DKIS instruction for pupils and teachers
- Upon arrival, wait in the designated area (South playground park, entrance through garden gate) respecting the safety distance until your teacher takes you to the classroom.
- Do not be late or too early. Come when it is your group’s turn.
- No physical contact is allowed, no hugging, kissing, touching, shaking hands…
- Always adhere to the safety distance, at least 1.5 metres.
- When queueing adhere to the safety distance (1.5 metres).
- Any kind of grouping on school grounds is not allowed.
- You must stay in the classroom during short breaks; You are only allowed outside of the classroom during organised and supervised main breaks.
- You have to wash or disinfect your hands whenever you distribute or hand out anything to anybody.
- Keep all windows and doors open if possible.
- Walk on the marked side of corridors, and with regard to the safety distance, around the school.
- Pupils are not permitted to go anywhere without supervision and/or permission.
- Pupils can go to the toilet only individually and they have to return to their classroom swiftly.
- All persons 12 years old or more must wear a face mask when in the school buildings, Pupils can be without face masks only in the classrooms while adhering to the safety distance and following the hygiene rules.
- Teachers must wear face masks at all times.
- All desks should be disinfected before and after snack.
- Pupils and teachers should follow all instructions, safety measures and procedures in the dining room during lunch time.
- Everyone should replace disposable face masks every 2-3 hours. Used face masks, paper towels and tissues should be disposed in the bins immediately.
- In case of any symptoms of infection, teachers and students will be sent home immediately. They will not be able to return without a current/updated medical certificate.
Please contact me if you need any additional information or clarification.
Grade 6 and 7 students should be aware and patient as our MYP teachers have been teaching in school from this Monday on and are not available online at certain times.