Preventive Actions to Help Prevent the Spread of Viruses
by Andrew Paul Tomlin | Mar 5, 2020
- Stay at home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the rubbish bin.
- Avoid close contact with people (kissing, hugging, shaking hands,…)
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitisers/wipes when using frequently touched objects and surfaces (buses, public spaces)